Scholarships are available to students who major in the discipline of music, as well as to the general student body. Other forms of financial aid are also available through the Office of Student Financial Aid. Music students with high academic standing are encouraged to pursue every available type of funding for college, especially the honor scholarships and those pertaining to academic achievement.
The Music Scholarship Committee makes scholarship recommendations based on the results of School of Music auditions. Students awarded music scholarships will be notified in writing by the Dean of the School of Music. The response form enclosed with the music scholarship letter must be signed and returned to the office of the Dean of the School of Music before the semester in which the student is to receive the scholarship.
Only available to music majors and are awarded based on the initial audition for acceptance.
The Lee University Scholarship Committee, upon recommendation of the School of Music, awards the following endowment scholarships:
- The Delton L. Alford Music Scholarship
- The Diane Belisle Scholarship
- The Department of Music Ministries Scholarship
- The Hill Family Student Songwriters Scholarship
- The Nelia Jeffords Scholarship
- The Celeste Ann Marley Music Scholarship
- The Lee Marley Vocal Performance Scholarship
- The Philip Morehead Music Scholarship
- The Houston R. and Mabel E. Morehead Scholarship
- The Phillips, Craig and Dean-Sparrow Foundation Scholarship Fund
- The Michael and Patricia Roberts Scholarship
- The Anna Marie Thacker Music Scholarship
- The Weeks-Holden Scholarship
- The Brandon Keith Wood Memorial Scholarship
- The Reverend Winston Clark Scholarship
- The Charles Edward “Rick” Compton Scholarship
Ensemble auditions occur during Registration Week each semester.
- The Beach Choral Music Scholarship
- The Dr. Jim Burns Scholarship
- The David and Virginia Horton Music Scholarship
- The Ruby Horton Scholarship
- The A. T. Humphries Music Scholarship
- B.J. Moffett/Lee Singers Scholarship
- The Lee Singers Scholarship
- The Renate Lupke Scholarship
- The Roosevelt Miller Scholarship
- The Danny R. Murray Scholarship
- The Phillip Thomas Orchestra Scholarship
- Paula Archer-Wyatt Scholarship
- Other scholarships are available based on participation in select ensembles.