How Lee Ranks
Lee is emerging as a national leader in higher education and is consistently ranked among the best universities in the Southeast. Here are some of our recent rankings:
- Lee continues in the “top tier” of the 2020 “Best Colleges” edition of U.S. News & World Report and has appeared in four specialty rankings: “A+ For B Students,” “Best Value School,” “Best Colleges for Veterans,” and “Best Colleges for Undergraduate Teaching.”
- Christian Universities Online identified Lee University as the most affordable Christian College in the United States.
- Lee’s Division of Adult Learning is ranked in the top 50 of the U.S. News and World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and was also ranked #33 out of 60 on “Top 60 Most Affordable Accredited Christian Colleges and Universities Online for 2019.”
- Lee ranks #2 out of 25 private universities listed among the “50 Great Affordable Colleges in the South” by Great Value Colleges.
- Lee ranks #23 out of 30 national universities listed among “30 Affordable Colleges with the Best Study Abroad Programs 2018” by Great Value Colleges http://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/affordable/best-study-abroad-programs/.
- In 2019, Lee ranked #25 out of 50 in the “50 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Religious Studies and Theology Online for 2019.”
- Lee was named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the Corporation for National and Community Service for the sixth time (in 2016). The Corporation for National and Community Service, an independent federal agency tasked with fostering an ethic of volunteerism and service in America, has repeatedly placed Lee on the honor roll “with distinction” because of the program’s exceptional efforts in service to its community. In 2009, Lee received the honor of being one of six Presidential Awardees in the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- In 2015, Lee was listed on “The 100 Most Affordable Online Colleges in the U.S.” by Great Value Colleges http://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/affordable/affordable-online-colleges-2015/ .
- In 2015, Lee received a Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Serving Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia.
- In 2014, Lee was named a “Great College to Work For” for the third year in a row by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- In November 2013, Lee University ranked #4 in the nation among 40 top master’s institutions in the percent of undergraduates receiving credit for studying abroad, according to data collected by the Institute of International Education, published in the Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange. Lee was listed at #2 in the 2011 publication of this ranking.
- Lee University competes in NCAA Division II as a member of the Gulf South Athletic Conference, which includes teams from Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi. Lee’s application was approved in July of 2012 to begin the three-year membership process for NCAA DII. Lee University offers varsity competition for women in basketball, cross country, fast-pitch softball, golf, soccer, tennis, track, and volleyball and for men in baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, and track. See more about Lee Athletics
- Lee University was listed # 13 among the 20 Colleges Most Committed to Community Service by USA Today College in 2011.
- Lee has been recognized as a College of Distinction, a Christian College of Distinction, and a Tennessee College of Distinction, and has also appeared on rankings such as “America’s 100 Best College Buys” and U.S. News’ “Great Schools, Great Prices,” which consider net cost along with quality in identifying highly ranked schools.
- Since the year 2000, Princeton Review has included Lee in its list of “best colleges” in the Southeast.
- The Intercollegiate Studies Institute recommended Lee University as one of 50 “All-American Colleges,” and included the college in the publication, “All-American Colleges: Top Schools for Conservatives, Old-Fashioned Liberals, and People of Faith.”
- In 1997, Lee was named by the John Templeton Foundation as one of 134 colleges in the nation to merit its Honor Roll for Character-Building Colleges.
- Lee ranks on various Niche lists such as “Most Conservative Colleges in America,” “Best Christian Colleges in America,” “Best Colleges for Education In Tennesse,” and “Safest College Campuses in Tennessee” among several other rankings https://www.niche.com/colleges/lee-university/rankings/ .
Lee University recently received a Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Serving Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia.