Summer Honors – June 18 – June 30, 2023
For over 30 years, Lee University has sponsored a one-of-a-kind college experience for academically talented high school juniors and seniors.
This two-week program, June 18 through June 30, is an authentic encounter that prepares students to face the academic and social challenges of college life.
Summer Honors is a remarkable educational value! The cost of the entire program is only $980. This includes 6 college credits, books, lodging, meals, and activities.
Students receive a head start on their college career by earning 6 hours of academic credit. While outside of the classroom, students will experience a wide variety of social activities they can expect to find at Lee.
For the 180 or so students selected to participate, Summer Honors is two weeks to learn, grow, laugh, and connect.
|April 14||Priority deadline|
|May 15||Application deadline (All applications must be received by this date. All applications
received after this date will be placed on an alternate list, and spots cannot be guaranteed.)
||A minimum payment of $490 and all forms are due. See Summer Honors Forms under “Forms and Information”|
||Final payment of $490 due (Full tuition must be accepted by this day in order to remain on
the active list.)
||Summer Honors begins. (For a detailed schedule, see the Schedule of Events on our
||Summer Honors ends.|
To be eligible for Summer Honors, you must meet the following two qualifications:
- Be a member of the class of 2023 or 2024.
- Possess a 3.2 GPA OR have a 24 (ACT) or 1120 (SAT) college entrance exam score.
Also, you will need to submit a letter from your guidance counselor or school administrator verifying your academic record. We accept the first 180 qualified applicants, so go ahead and make your plans to attend.
Summer Honors courses are uniquely created for this program and are taught by some of Lee University’s most outstanding professors. These courses are intensive, pass/fail college courses. Upon satisfactory completion of the courses, you will be awarded six hours of academic credit toward your college degree.
You should plan to arrive on the Lee University campus on Sunday, June 18, in time for registration, which begins at 3:00 p.m. Map of Lee Campus. If you plan to arrive by plane or bus and need someone to pick you up at the Chattanooga airport or bus station, please email Jen Condon at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please indicate your flight number, date, and time of arrival.
Since you’ll be an official Lee University student, you’ll be required to abide by our expectations set forth in our Student Handbook. While the Handbook provides specific parameters, the following guidelines will help guide you during Summer Honors:
- Please be on time.
- Please attend all classes and all meetings.
- Please be in your dorm at curfew.
- No one of the opposite sex should be in your dorm room.
- Please respect the campus.
- Please understand that other guests will be on campus during Summer Honors for summer camps.
- Be sure to represent Lee University well.
- Please respect the diversity of student backgrounds which you will encounter at Summer Honors.
- While a student at Summer Honors, you will not be permitted to leave campus unless you are cleared to do so by the Director. No overnight trips—even trips home—will be permitted. If a student leaves campus without permission, disciplinary action will be taken, including sending the student home permanently without the opportunity to complete the program and a refund of any of the costs of the program.
That’s it. Everything else falls under the category of “Check with Your RA.”
- (2) Plain, white t-shirts (for decorating & closing games)
- Bed linens (extra-long twin) & pillow
- Bath Towels, hand towels, and washcloths
- Alarm clock, if needed
- One dressy outfit for a formal dinner
- 80's Outfit
- Spending money (optional)
- Coins for laundry machines
- Umbrella/rain boots
- Any sporting equipment you might want to use
- School supplies
- Anything you might need to make a dorm room feel like home for two weeks (shower caddy, etc.)
- Laptop computer (They’re not required but are very helpful for completing assignments. You will have some access to campus computer labs.)
- Picnic Blanket
- Shoes to get wet for rafting
- Clothes you don't mind getting messy for Greek Olympics
- Spaghetti strap tops or small tank tops
- Short shorts
- Bikinis or any other two-piece bathing suits
- Music with offensive lyrics
- Tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or weapons
- Clothes with questionable messages
Students attending Summer Honors are expected to adhere to the dress regulations applicable to all Lee University students. Shorts and t-shirts are appropriate. We simply ask that students be modest (not prudish) in their dress while at Summer Honors.
There are ATMs on campus for your convenience.
Yes, if you are a 2023 graduate planning to attend Lee in the fall, make sure we have your ACT/SAT scores as well as high school transcript. All high school graduates will be given the opportunity to make a schedule while they are here if they have not already done so.
Everyday we will have a general session during which we will make announcements, hand out mail, and get everyone on the same page for that day. If someone wants to send you mail, they can simply address it to:
Student Life Office
Lee University P.O. Box 3450
Cleveland, TN 37320-3450
Your last class will be over on Friday, June 30, 2023. After your RA checks your room and signs off on its condition, you will be given your dorm deposit, and then you are free to go. Please do not schedule your departure time before then. We will go over this checkout procedure the day before you leave, so don’t worry about all of that stuff right now. If you need to make additional lodging arrangements either before or after
Summer Honors, please notify us.
Dr. Jason Robinson
Director of Summer Honors
Director of Student Engagement
Secretary in the Office of Student Engagement
Student Life Staff Coordinator
Administrative Assistant for Student Life
All of these people may be reached at the same phone number: (423) 614-8406.
Also, to simplify things, you may wish to use the general email email@example.com.