The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment seeks to facilitate decision-making at all levels of the institution by providing institutional and unit-level data and information in an accurate and timely manner. This is accomplished by creating an atmosphere of systematic organizational planning and assessment based on best practices in higher education; providing relevant and accurate information related to salient institutional or unit-level issues and questions; leveraging technology to increase the efficiency and accuracy of data gathering, analysis, and delivery; and designing, coordinating, and implementing research activities related to academic and administrative evaluation and improvement processes.
What We Do
- Provide faculty and staff with a central location for accessing or obtaining data related to the university
- Provide faculty and staff with sufficient resources to adequately assess their departments/programs
- Provide administrators with accurate information about the university (including faculty, staff and students) to aid in decision-making at the institutional-level
- Distribute relevant data on a consistent basis to administrators, faculty, and staff
- Inform students of testing requirements
- Disseminate relevant institutional data to outside sources
Who We Are
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment is a part of the Information and Marketing Sector. We are located in the Higginbotham Administration Building.