Lee University is accredited by numerous associations of our peers and holds membership in several prestigious councils and associations:
- Lee University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, education specialist, and doctoral degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Lee University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website, sacscoc.org.
- The marriage and family therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE).
- The School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21; Reston, Virginia 20190; telephone: (703) 437-0700).
- The athletic training program was awarded national accreditation in 2005 by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The Helen DeVos College of Education is accredited by CAEP (Council on the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) and the Tennessee Department of Education. The accreditation applies to all initial licensure programs in teacher education offered by the college.
- The School of Business became recognized by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs when its program was accredited by the ACBSP in 2008.
- Lee’s PR Program received its Certification in Education for Public Relations in 2011 from the largest public relations association in the world, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). The CEPR (Certification in Education for Public Relations) is an international accreditation from the PRSA.
- Lee also holds membership in the American Council on Education, the Tennessee College Association, the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association (TICUA), the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, the Association for Continuing Higher Education (ACHE), the Association of Christian Distance Education (ACCESS), the Christian Adult Higher Education Association (CAHEA), and the Appalachian College Association.
- The School of Nursing has achieved approvals through the TN Board of Nursing. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Lee University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (https://www.ccneaccreditation.org).