Graduate Studies School of Music
Whether you are a recent college graduate, an active educator, or a practicing worship leader, the graduate program in music at Lee University was designed with you in mind. The Lee University School of Music has the faculty, curriculum, facilities, flexible scheduling, and collateral training opportunities to prepare you for the work of tomorrow’s musician and advanced studies in music.
- Master of Music and Worship
- Master of Music in Conducting--Choral or Wind
- Master of Music--Performance
The Applicant must have:
- Undergraduate degree in music from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2.75 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
The following application materials must be submitted:
- Completed Application Form
- $25.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Official Transcript of all college work
- Essay explaining rationale for graduate study (see criteria for specific degree program)
- Three Recommendation Forms completed by three professionals, including two academic and one personal reference
- Measles Immunization Verification (if born after January 1, 1957)
- Proof of a Tuberculin PPD skin test taken within a one-year period of the date of admissions application
Prerequisite to full acceptance is the successful completion of any required remediation. No more than 12 hours of graduate courses may be completed before all deficiencies are removed.
Each applicant must complete all proficiency auditions, placement exams, and other auditions required by the Graduate Music Office. These include placement exams in music theory, music history, diction (for Choral Conducting and Vocal Performance), and the piano proficiency placement hearing.
Each applicant is required to have an interview with the Graduate Music Executive Committee.
|1250 Parker Street
PO Box 3450
Cleveland, TN 37320-3450
Fax: (423) 614-8066
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
|Dr. John Wykoff
Director of Graduate Studies in Music
Dr. William Green