The Center for Calling & Career wants to help you in your navigating early career transitions. We offer résumé and cover letter reviews, mock interviewing, job search strategies, and more! You are also invited to attend any of our events. To schedule an appointment, visit Lee University Handshake and click on “Career Center” in the top right corner.
CliftonStrengths for Alumni
CliftonStrengths are still applicable for you as an alum. Strengths-Vocational Advisors (SVAs) can help you consider your natural talents in the context of what makes you unique, what you do best, and how your strengths motivate and shape your approach to work, decision-making, relationships, and more. SVAs in the Center for Calling & Career offer individual strengths coaching sessions to help you understand and capitalize on your strengths. This can be helpful specifically when considered career transitions, in preparing for an interview, or writing a resume. To look up your results, visit strengthsquest.com. To schedule an appointment, visit Lee University Handshake and click on “Career Center” in the top right corner.
Career and Graduate School Preparation
The Center for Calling & Career wants to help you feel equipped and ready to step into your career, even before you interview. We offer résumé and cover letter reviews, mock interviewing, job search strategies and more! Schedule an appointment here.
- Handshake Resource Center: The Center for Calling & Career posts plenty of career resources in the Handshake Resource Center! You’ll find:
- ATS-friendly resume templates
- Cover letter examples
- LinkedIn resources and more!
- PathwayU Resources: Through PathwayU, the Center for Calling & Career offers students and alumni many career preparation tips and tools. You’ll find:
- Networking tips
- Interviewing tips
- Resume action verb banks and more!
- Graduate School Preparation: In our Handshake Resource Center there are articles and advice on how to prepare for graduate school. Resources include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) brainstorming worksheet
- CV template
- General graduate school prep timeline and more
- Interview Space: If you need a quiet, distraction free, and professional zone for your next web-based interview, you can reserve an interview space by visiting Handshake.
In addition to these resources, other alumni have shared some words of wisdom with you. Check out these short videos and be inspired: Success Series - Lee University.
Connect with Current Students
We are excited that you are interested in connecting with current students! There are several ways to do this. You can post jobs and internships on our job board or let us know that you are interested in connecting with students. Once we know of your interest, we can look for opportunities to:
- Connect in a one-time informational interview where a student gets to know you and the field in which you work
- Have a student job-shadow with you
- Connect as a mentor
Job Search Resources
- Student Employment Job Board: For part-time positions on campus.
- LinkedIn: Find internship and full-time opportunities through building your professional network.
- Glassdoor: Crowd-sourced company information.
- Handshake: A great resource for internships and entry-level positions. Link and examples of current available positions below.
For internships, summer opportunities, and post-graduation career positions, your first step will be to create a free account on Handshake. The Center for Calling & Career offers third party resources to students and alumni to maximize career opportunities. Advertisement of external events, activities, and job/internship posting do not indicate sponsorship or endorsement by Lee University. Handshake is a self-managed posting site where students, alumni, and employers can connect.
- Research Analyst February 16, 2024*Given our continued growth as a business, we are actively interviewing, offering, and hiring remotely.* AlphaBrook is the industry leader in qualitative market intelligence for Federal contractors. Our unique VoicedIQ™ Solution supports thousands of contractor executives to help their teams gain insights into target government customers and ultimately win new public sector contracts. We have grown […]
- Customer Operations Specialist February 16, 2024OverviewAlphaBrook is the industry leader in qualitative market intelligence for government contractors. Our VoicedIQ platform supports thousands of contractor executives to help their teams gain insights into target government customers and ultimately win new public sector contracts. We have grown at an impressive rate since our inception in 2011, supporting many of the fastest-growing small […]
- Sales Team Member February 16, 2024The AlphaBrook VoicedIQ® platform is the industry software leader in customer bid intelligence for companies selling to the government. Our unique VoicedIQ® platform helps C-level executives and sales professionals gain insights into their target government customers and ultimately win new public sector contracts. We have grown at an impressive rate since our inception in 2011, […]
- 24-00997 Geoprocessing Specialist III February 16, 2024Are you interested in being part of a team that is dedicated in serving taxpayers and business owners across the Commonwealth in helping educate and bring them into compliance with Kentucky state tax laws? If so, this is your opportunity to work for the Kentucky Department of Revenue.The Office of Property Valuation has an opening […]
- Senior Auditor February 15, 2024Job DutiesThe Virginia Department of Transportation is excited to announce an opportunity to serve as a Senior Auditor in the Assurance and Compliance Office (ACO). This position is based in the VDOT Central Office located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. We are looking for energetic and talented professionals to join our team and make a positive […]
- Housing Finance Specialist February 14, 2024The City of Norfolk is seeking a Housing Finance Specialist.The Department of Housing and Community Development oversees a variety of housing and community development programs and services for those who wish to be a part of the City of Norfolk's vibrant communities. The department seeks to provide opportunities for City of Norfolk residents to live […]
- Residual Stress Modeling and Mechanical Characterization of Additively Manufactured Superalloys February 13, 2024The National Energy Technology Laboratory's (NETL's) record of success has been built on understanding the future of energy and the technologies required to make that future possible. We’ve long touted our success in developing the technologies that took on acid rain in the 1970s and mercury in the early 2000s. More recently, NETL has a […]
- Project Management Intern, French February 13, 2024Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership […]
- Administrative Support Assistant February 12, 2024Administrative Support AssistantThe primary purpose of the position is to provide administrative information and assistance to the Superintendent or the Manager of the unit, and staff to include budgeting, acquisition and property management, human resources, and other administrative support.DutiesDuties include but are not limited to:Provides general human resources assistance to staff; ensures all HR documents […]
- Magistrate February 12, 2024JOB SUMMARYThe Magistrate conducts juvenile court proceedings with the same authority and power as the General Sessions Juvenile Judge. The incumbent’s cases include dependent and neglect, unruly, delinquent, child support, child custody, civil and criminal contempt, and court costs.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSConducts court proceedings;Communicates with the clerk's office, judges, and Youth Service Officers (YSOs);Performs legal research;Approves […]
- Incident Response Intern at Best Buy Corporate February 22, 2024Employer: Best Buy Corporate Expires: 02/27/2024 As an Incident Response Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to support the Enterprise Information Protection (EIP) team. EIP is a vital component of Best Buy’s cybersecurity infrastructure, responsible for safeguarding data and mitigating risks to ensure the security of Best Buy’s assets. The Incident Response team within EIP is […]
- MBA Intern - Financial Planning & Analysis (Summer 2024) at United Airlines February 22, 2024Employer: United Airlines Expires: 02/29/2024 There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that […]
- Student Trainee (Summer Enrichment Program) at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services February 21, 2024Employer: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Expires: 02/27/2024 Applications for this job opportunity will be accepted from 2/22/2024 to 2/26/2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.This position is located in the Office of Human Capital & Training, Talent Management & Employee Experience, Policy and Performance Management Division.Locations include: TTustin, CA; Washington D.C.; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; […]
- Flight and Maintenance Safety Intern at Piedmont Airlines February 21, 2024Employer: Piedmont Airlines Expires: 02/29/2024 We can’t wait to share our passion for aviation with you! Join a team that works hard, cares for each other and offers plenty of opportunities to grow. At Piedmont Airlines, our strength is the way we deliver industry-leading service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of […]
- Occupational Safety Intern at Piedmont Airlines February 21, 2024Employer: Piedmont Airlines Expires: 02/29/2024 We can’t wait to share our passion for aviation with you! Join a team that works hard, cares for each other and offers plenty of opportunities to grow. At Piedmont Airlines, our strength is the way we deliver industry-leading service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of […]
- University Relations Talent Acquisition Intern- Summer 2024 at Iron Mountain February 20, 2024Employer: Iron Mountain Expires: 02/26/2024 During the internship, you will be able to complete real world work along with multiple internal Iron Mountain teams while contributing to our digital growth aspirations. You will also experience:Structured 12 week program (starting on 05/20/2024):Professional SkillsBusiness AcumenExecutive Speaker SeriesConsistent Feedback and EvaluationNetworking with other internsJob Responsibilities:On the Talent Acquisition […]
- Student Assistant - Transportation Biologist - Student Assistant- Hybrid at Caltrans HQ February 16, 2024Employer: Caltrans HQ Expires: 02/28/2024 Transportation Biologist - Student Assistant- HybridPart-time, Off-campus, Caltrans Classification: Student AssistantBase Pay: $17.22 - $23.21 / HourApply by: 2/27/2023All applications must be submitted through the link external link on University Enterprises, Inc. About the Position: Student must reside within California in order to qualify.All paperwork and salary with be handled through University Enterprises, […]
- Facilities Maintenance Member (Internship) at American Conservation Experience February 15, 2024Employer: American Conservation Experience Expires: 02/29/2024 SummaryAmerican Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service, is seeking one Facilities Maintenance Member to contribute to park maintenance projects alongside Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park staff.For more information about ACE, please visit: www.usaconservation.org.Start Date: ASAP, March 2024Estimated End Date: 36 week from […]
- Disruptive Tech Startup - 15-hour Micro-Internship at MeetNative February 15, 2024Employer: MeetNative Expires: 02/29/2024 We are a tech startup company, founded on January 10, 2024, driven by an innovative solution and a grand vision. Our beta customers have experienced remarkable outcomes from utilizing our platform. Currently, we are expanding our external sales team and are committed to offering comprehensive training, resources, and all necessary support […]
- Creative Marketing Intern- Post Production at Amazon February 15, 2024Employer: Amazon Expires: 02/28/2024 Amazon’s internal advertising team (XCM) is seeking Creative Marketing interns to help us continue to raise the creative bar across Amazon channels.Key job responsibilitiesThe ideal candidate is a multi-talented and self-starting creative who collaborates well with others and is ready to jump in at all stages of the creative process including […]