Master of Arts in Teaching
The purpose of this program in Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education is to provide a route to initial teacher licensure with graduate work leading to a master’s degree. Students who successfully complete the degree program and meet all standardized test requirements will be eligible for licensure by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- 42-44 hours (This does not include any extra classes required from the transcript evaluation.)
- Students can enroll in the 14-month program that begins in June. Or, students may enroll in the spring or fall semester and complete the program in about a year and a half.
- Students complete two internships in varied settings.
- Students have the option of completing and presenting a thesis in partial fulfillment of graduate requirements.
- Upon successful completion of this program, graduates should be eligible for a teaching license in one of the following: