Exercise Science, Pre-Athletic Training Emphasis
- Athletic Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Fitness Manager
- Certified Personal Trainer
What to Expect
- European Humanities for Health Science Professionals
- Forever In Training (FIT)
Majors aid in the University’s wellness program, Health Quest. Students will help with pre- and post- body composition assessments, Quality of Life surveys, and psychological stress status.
The Capstone course is designed to help graduating students integrate their faith with the academic knowledge they have gained throughout their studies. It is regarded as the final reflection of the essential Core Values of Lee University.
The major seeks to pursue experiential learning opportunities. This translates to taking classroom content into personal fitness routines, and exercise leadership in Matrix MX4 HIIT classes in the recreation center.
Lee University partners with the local YMCA, individually owned fitness facilities, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee corporate fitness facility, and Lee Flames Strength and Conditioning Center.
- The Department is involved in research with the Cleveland Fire Department, tracking hydration levels during Rookie training school and live fire training drills.
- Lee partners with NCAA DII athletic teams such as women’s soccer, tracking wellness scales, recovery scales, and rate of perceived exertion following practice and competition.
- Students have presented their research at Southeast College of Sports Medicine, Tennessee Athletic Trainers’ Society conferences, and National Athletic Trainers Association meetings.
Students completing this degree program are ideally situated to continue in Lee’s Master of Science in Athletic Training