Special Education Support Services Emphasis
- Childcare Center Director
- Home-Based Service Provider
- Family Support Specialist
- Special Education Teacher
- Early Intervention Specialist
- Special Education Advocate
- Teaching Abroad
- Non-governmental Agency (Education)
What to Expect
- New Zealand Education Global Trip
- Alaska Education Global Trip
- Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society
- Lee Future Educators
- Departmental Awards
- The Jimmy Bilbo Student Teacher Award
Some courses within the major will require in-class service projects.
The Capstone course is designed to help graduating students integrate their faith with the academic knowledge they have gained throughout their studies. It is regarded as the final reflection of the essential Core Values of Lee University.
Students will spend most of their time in the Helen DeVos College of Education and in local schools.
Senior year requires clinical practice involving Methods and full-time student teaching or internships.
- Many courses have research components and writing opportunities.
- McNair Scholars