If you were a student between January 1 and December 31 of a specific year and had qualified tuition and related expenses, we will mail a 1098-T form to your primary address. The 1098-T forms will only appear under the student’s name. The 1098-T form will contain the following:
- Box 1 – Total amount of payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses from all sources during the calendar year.
- Box 4 – Reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses made during the calendar year that relate to payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses reported on a 1098-T for a prior tax year.
- Box 5 - Scholarships and grants administered and processed during the calendar year.
- Box 6 – Reductions in scholarships and grants made during the calendar year that were reported on a 1098-T for a prior tax year.
- Box 7 - Checked if payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses in Box 1 relate to an academic period that begins in January through March of the next calendar year.
While the University may provide you with information about your Form 1098-T, we cannot provide tax or legal advice and therefore cannot determine if you qualify for an education credit. If you believe that you qualify for an education credit, consult your tax advisor, or contact the IRS at (800) 829-1040.
To obtain a copy of your 1098-T tax form, please log into your Portico account, go to Campus Applications, and select Self-Service. For questions regarding this, please contact the Student Financial Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 614-8100.