In order to be considered as a candidate for the Master of Science in Athletic Training, each student must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA close to 3.0.
- Report scores for GRE if “BOC statistics GPA is under 3.6 (suggested 300 for verbal and quantitative).
- Suggested CPR Health Care Provider certification (e.g. American Red Cross, American Heart Association, etc.). If a CPR certification cannot be obtained prior to admission, the student will be provided training in American Heart Association basic Life Support certification once on campus, prior to beginning clinical education.
- Accumulate approximately 50 hours with 1 or more Athletic Trainers with appropriate state and national licensures.
- Meet required prerequisites course work.
All applicants need the following when applying within the ATCAS (Athletic Training Centralized Application Service).
(ATCAS homepage for Lee University is under construction within this website; applications should be submitted by the end of January each year for upcoming classes starting in May). Campus visits are highly recommended prior to full application submissions.
- Basic application
- Official Transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate Essay
When deemed necessary by the application selection committee, interviews could be conducted. Individual interviews will be established based on student and committee preference. Possible interview formats include; phone, computerized video phone, or in-person.