Frequently Asked Questions
- We have two class options for Encore Scholars depending on your goals and time commitment.
- Traditional Courses – Traditional courses integrate Encore Scholars with traditional students. These classes meet
for a full semester, 2-3 days a week. They can be taken for credit or audited.
- Mini Courses – Mini Courses are specially designed for Encore Scholars. These classes meet once a week for 5-8
- Taking a class for credit requires you to abide by the syllabus and professor expectations. You must complete all
projects, tests and papers and you will receive a grade at the end of the semester.
- Auditing a class exempts you from projects, tests and papers. You can attend the course at your leisure. You will
not receive a grade but your transcript will reflect that you attended the course.
- Encore classes are offered every fall and spring semester. Registration takes place in January and August.
- Your student ID card will get you free tickets to athletic events, the Presidential Concert series, theatre
productions and the campus recreation center.
- There is a $25 programming fee each semester you enroll as an Encore Scholar. The only outside costs you may
have are books and a small supply fee for special courses.
- You are eligible to take up to two courses each semester.
- Yes, you must be 60 or over to enroll as an Encore Scholar.
- Your parking permit allows you to park anywhere on campus. We strive to schedule mini courses outside of peak
times in effort to make this easier.
- We understand that you have busy lives. Mini courses do not have an attendance policy. If you are taking
traditional courses for credit, speak with your professor.
- Encore is solely an educational enrichment program. In order to complete your degree you must enroll as a
traditional student through Admissions.