• The university makes available the following resources for students to deal with incidents that may involve violations of this policy:

    Dr. Mike Hayes (VPSD) Ann McElrath (Title IX coordinator and director of human resources)
    Title IX deputy coordinators and their contact information are listed in the Addressing Complaints section.

    In addition, students may seek support through the following offices:

    Office of Student Development Campus Ministries
    Counseling Center Campus Safety
    Dean of Students Health Clinic
    Residential Life and Housing Academic Support

    While all offices involved will seek to safeguard the dignity of any person involved in any reported incident, only certain offices can provide confidentiality when an incident is reported. These include:

    • Campus Ministries
    • Counseling Center
    • Health Clinic

    Only licensed ministers acting in their role as professional ministers may hold any individual’s identity confidentially. If a report is made to a person who is a licensed minister whose primary responsibilities are not in a ministerial capacity (e.g., an employee who holds ministerial credentials but whose primary duties are as a faculty member or administrator), these staff members are obligated to report the incident to the appropriate administrator(s). Furthermore, all employees are obligated by law to report suspected child abuse. No employee may hold these reports confidentially.

    Local Resources

    Local resources are available to assist with advocacy, health care, mental health care, and legal assistance. These include, but are not limited to:

    National Sexual Assault Hotline
    (800) 656-HOPE (4673) (24-hour hotline)
    https://ohl.rainn.org/online/ (online hotline)  
    Rape Crisis Center
    300 East 8th Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37403
    (423) 755-2700 (24-hour hotline)
    Erlanger Health System (Hospital)
    975 East 3rd Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37403
    (423) 778-7000
    Family Resource Agency
    3680 Michigan Avenue Road NE
    Cleveland, TN 37323
    (423) 476-9339
    (423) 476-3886 (24-hour hotline for domestic violence)
    Partnership for Families, Children, and Adults
    1800 McCallie Avenue
    Chattanooga, TN 37404
    (423) 755-2822
    (423) 755-2700 (24-hour hotline)

    Governmental agencies outside of the university may be consulted as well. These include:

    • United States Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
    • United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    • Tennessee Human Rights Commission