Homecoming 5K to Take Place Saturday
Lee University will host its 9th annual 5K run and walk on Saturday, Nov. 8, as part of the Homecoming 2014 festivities. All students, faculty, alumni and members of the community are welcome to participate.
“This event is a great opportunity for the community to come out and interact with the Lee family,” said Bethany McCoy, coordinator of Community Relations at Lee. “Join in, bring a friend and see what Homecoming at Lee is all about.”
Prizes will be awarded for the top three male and female runners, and a Lee University Homecoming 2014 water bottle will be given to the first 150 registrants.
Registration will begin at 7 a.m. in front of the Paul Conn Student Union, with the race beginning at 8 a.m. Runners are also able to register online at http://leehomecoming.com, but will still need to check in before the race.
The cost of the race is $15.
For more information, contact Community Relations at 423-614-8598 or email@example.com.
The Homecoming 5K course will be the reverse of the course used for the 65 Roses 5K that occurs in the spring. The route is as follows:
- The race begins on Parker Street in front of the Curtsinger Music building. Runners will head north on Parker.
- Runners will turn west (left) on 23rd Street/David Lewis Lane
- Runners will then turn south (left) onto N. Ocoee Street.
- Runners will stay on Broad Street as N. Ocoee splits at 8th Street.
- Runners will then turn east (left) onto Inman Street and (staying in the far right lane).
- Runners will turn north (left) onto Edwards Street.
- Runners will turn west (left) onto Central Avenue.
- Runners will turn north (right) onto Parker Street.
- Runners will turn west (left) onto 11th Street to end the race.
To view a complete schedule of Homecoming events, visit http://leehomecoming.com
PHOTO: Runners in the 2013 Homecoming 5K race towards the finish line.