Recruitment Coordinator for School of Music
The School of Music Recruitment Coordinator serves as the primary contact person for prospective undergraduate music students and their families, as well as coordinates public relations efforts for the School of Music. This position directs all aspects of music admission procedures in conjunction with other offices in the School of Music and across campus, most notably with Admissions. The individual must be able and willing to work special events and participate in limited recruitment travel. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students to encourage them to apply and enroll at Lee University.
- Conduct meetings with prospective students in music and their families, giving information concerning School of Music guidelines and audition procedures, as well as all degree programs, course offerings, and scholarship offerings.
- Coordinate and schedule all auditions for the School of Music.
- Maintain accurate and up to date recruitment files on potential students.
- Work with admissions and records in preparing initial schedules for incoming students.
- Schedule exhibit space for appropriate recruitment and professional events.
- Represent the School of Music at various collegiate fairs and professional events when assigned.
- Supervise the production of promotional materials, including School of Music brochures and recruitment materials, inquiry posters, displays, etc.
- Coordinate the design and publication of School of Music ads in professional magazines and conference programs for undergraduate and graduate recruitment.
- Serve as editor and manager of the School of Music portion of Lee University website.
- Serve as administrator of School of Music social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude that is positive, respectful and flexible.
- Experience in recruitment, public relations, office management, and general office procedures.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service through both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines under pressure and manage a busy work environment efficiently
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with department chairs, faculty and staff within the School of Music.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and strong people skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and have the ability to learn other required programs.
Education and Experience
The Recruitment Coordinator should have experience in an administrative setting, preferably in an academic environment. Bachelors degree is required with priority given to candidates with degrees in music or public relations. Familiarity with the School of Music and Lee University would be ideal.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to Debby Bell, Executive Secretary to the Dean of the School of Music, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The estimated start date for the position is September 24, 2018.