Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Operations
Purpose of Job
The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Operations offers professional support to the vice president, provides office and special project support services, follows procedures and policies and monitors administrative projects. The Operations sector is comprised of the following areas of responsibility: Athletics, Construction, Event Planning and Facilities Management.
Education and Work Experience
The Administrative Assistant will have experience and training in office management, general office procedures, basic accounting skills, business communication and is proficient in the use of the computer. Qualifications include professional experience in an executive office setting for a minimum of five years. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Interaction with staff at all levels with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in this role.
- Must be proactive, resourceful and efficient with outstanding written, verbal and technological skills.
- Use discretion, good judgement, organization and management for all aspects of the sector office.
- Exhibit initiative and ability to work independently are especially important.
- Organize information, prioritize tasks and manage workflows.
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft office and willingness/ability to learn other computer or network programs implemented by the office or University
- Basic accounting knowledge.
Essential Job Functions
- Keep records, generate correspondence, minutes, agendas and schedules for the different committees on which the vice president is a member.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly report submitted to the president of the university.
- Maintains all files relating to the Operations sector. Acts as a custodian of all files and maintains confidentiality.
- Answering all telephone calls for the vice president’s office in a courteous and kind way is expected. Forward calls and/or take messages according to the availability of the vice president.
- Communicate effectively with internal administrative and academic offices and outside vendors so that strong working relationships are built and maintained.
- Assist with management of sector budgets.
- Manage training and schedule work opportunities for student workers.
- Positively reflect Lee University in both professional and personal interactions.
- Additional duties as assigned by the vice president which may include, but are not limited to, the following: preparing special reports for the university or sector, planning and/or coordinating special events, meeting with VIP’s or vendors and representing the office at various university functions.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Office of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.