Coordinator of Production - Cinematography
Purpose of Job
The Coordinator of Production - Cinematography position entails the systematic gathering of video and photography footage of the Lee University campus in order to provide content to be edited and disseminated to a variety of university constituents. The job primarily focuses on capturing the high-quality, artistic images of campus life.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related sub-field including Digital Media, Telecommunication, or Cinematography.
- Current Demo/Resume Reel
- Ability to shoot video on a variety of video cameras
- Execute production in a variety of shooting styles: cinematic, documentary, commercial, long-form, and studio-driven camera applications.
- Familiarity with field audio recording and timecode synchronization
- Familiarity of lighting for video
- Work in a team-based production environment
- Strong communication skills
- Contribute creative production ideas
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Self-motivated to see a project from concept to completion
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee single camera shooting of campus and campus events
- Maintain and schedule production equipment including the RED and URSA
- Schedule and organize shoots
- Coordinate with director, media services staff, and students for gathering footage specific for projects
- Create shooting schedule of campus footage and events
- Ingest and organize footage in shared storage media server
- Edit projects
- Assist in all operational aspects of Media Services
- Work with student works, assistants, and interns
- Positively reflect Lee University in both production and personal interactions
- Role flexibility
- Must be able to lift and carry camera, lighting, and support equipment
- Work indoors and outdoors depending on the required shooting
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio and/or demo reel, to Jeff Salyer, Director of Media Services at email@example.com.