Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing and performing the daily accounts payable functions of the University including accounts payable entry, processing of payments, and reconciliations. The position is responsible to pay all vendors accordingly, and ensure all payment inquiries and issues are resolved in a timely manner. This is a full-time position.
Education and Experience
The Accounts Payable Manager should have 5-7 years of Accounts Payable experience and demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word). Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software is recommended. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The specific job functions of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the University’s accounts payable invoices are precisely administered for payment and recorded consistently and accurately within the ERP system.
- Ensure vendor reconciliations take place on a regular basis.
- Manage the Payables Card Payment Program as well as the posting, payment, and reconciling of all P-card purchasing monthly statements and processes.
- Manage Accounts Payable Projects such as the implementation of new software or system upgrades.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and proper audit support within the accounts payable function while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Complete other ad hoc analysis, special projects, and other duties as needed.
- Must be highly analytical, well-organized, and possess strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor, a flexible approach, and a positive attitude.
- Requires a person with good customer service skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate both an independent nature and capable of working well in a team environment
- Proven ability to work and learn quickly and independently without much direct supervision in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrate an ethical, moral, and professional behavior in the office environment
- Requires maturity and ability to respect confidential information
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle emergency situations
- Must have knowledge of 1099 processing and regulations
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.