Campus Security Officer
Under the general supervision of the Director / Assistant Director of Campus Security, the Campus Security Officer provides security and promotes safety for the community and property of the institution. Officers are expected to consistently and professionally serve the students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Lee University. This is a full-time, twelve (12) month position. The incumbent must be willing to work other assigned shifts, special events, and overtime as needed, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision in accordance with established procedures, but function as part of a team.
- General knowledge of computers, data processing software, email programs, telephones, and a two-way radio system.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student, staff, and faculty records and other classified information.
- Willing to present a professional image and work ethic.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and remain calm in difficult situations.
The specific job junctions of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct foot and vehicle patrols of campus and perimeter (e.g. grounds, buildings, adjacent areas, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of providing visibility, maintaining security, and deterring crime.
- Enforce campus policies and procedures.
- Investigate potential crimes and/or student related incidents for the purpose of resolving conflicts and/or pursuing further action.
- Maintain security of all buildings through patrols and regular inspections.
- Respond appropriately to routine and emergency calls for service.
- Provide security escorts for students, staff, and faculty to and from campus buildings.
- Prepare documentation (e.g. incident and activity reports, parking permits, parking tickets, identification cards, etc.) as assigned.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Issue parking tickets.
- Provide traffic direction and parking assistance during special events.
- Maintain good working relationships with local law enforcement and emergency management agencies.
- Operate department vehicles for the purpose of patrolling, transporting passengers, and other duties necessary for fulfilling the required service.
- Obey all local, state, and federal traffic laws and regulations in the operation of department vehicles.
- Regularly inspect department vehicles for the purpose of maintaining safe operating conditions and identifying potential problems.
- Secure and open campus buildings/rooms as scheduled.
- Assist with conducting fire drills.
- Perform other services and duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a resume or application to Tracy Burgiss, Secretary to the Director of Campus Security at email@example.com. Application material may also be mailed to Lee University, Campus Security, P. O. Box 3450, Cleveland, TN 37320-3450.